In the past few weeks, an issue has come to my attention that concerns me greatly and ought to concern any American that loves this country and the state of Wyoming. I had heard of the Common Core curriculum, but had no idea of how insidious it was. I know that any governmental funding comes with “strings attached,” and that is never a good idea. I have also been aware of the goals of the progressives of this country to undermine citizenship, independence, and education.
Back in 1984, when I first started teaching, I found it frustrating that there were no real standards. Teachers pretty much taught from the text book and threw in areas that interested them. Students learned a lot about the tropical rainforest because that was the area of interest for many years. There was a lot of repetition of what was taught and huge holes of was not taught. After about seven years of teaching, I heard about Core Knowledge (no affiliation to the Common Core at all http://www.coreknowledge.org/ ). I loved it because it is a curriculum that covers all areas in a systematic manner so that when a student graduates, they are literate in all subject areas. This curriculum also has high standards that challenges higher achieving students but is also interesting so that lower students are interested and rise to the challenge. A couple of years later, No Child Left Behind came into being and states started writing their own vague, low standards. And now we have the Common Core that has even lower standards.
It is here that you may begin to think I’m crazy, but I have done many hours of research, and I am not crazy. I am sure that you are all aware that the original purpose of education in America was to promote Christianity. The next phase was to educate people so that people were “socially acceptable“:
The following era’s purpose was to help people run a business:
And finally, the beginning of modern education, which has one of two philosophies:
1. To produce thinking citizens and producers OR
2. To produce obedient workers
The “Progressive Era” had many good qualities: to expose and end corruption, impose child labor laws, and food inspections (among other things).
However, it also brought in some negative things: government over-reach, excessive regulation, and eugenics. It also brought the belief the Constitution is a living document, therefore undermining the intents of the Founding Fathers.
This in turn, led to UN Agenda 21:
The Agenda was later ratified by the US House in the October 2, 1992 session, as HC 353, “a resolution calling for the U.S. to assume a strong leadership role in implementing the sustainable development recommendations of the Rio Earth Summit including Agenda 21.” http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/48412
But before this, was the US Communist Manifesto of 1963. A few of the goals include:
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
If you look at the Common Core, you will see that it falls right into the hands of the Communist Goals of 1963, hence Agenda 21.
36.3 says: “While basic education provides the underpinning for any environmental and development education, the latter needs to be incorporated as an essential part of learning. Both formal and non-formal education are indispensable to changing people’s attitudes so that they have the capacity to assess and address their sustainable development concerns. It is also critical for achieving environmental and ethical awareness, values and attitudes, skills and behaviour consistent with sustainable development and for effective public participation in decision-making. To be effective, environment and development education should deal with the dynamics of both the physical/biological and socio-economic environment and human (which may include spiritual) development, should be integrated in all disciplines, and should employ formal and non-formal methods
Five states opted out of the Common Core, Texas being one of them. However, not to be ignored, it was brought in through the back door under the name C-Scope. This program was all online. Parents were not allowed to preview it and teachers signed a waver stating they would not tell parents about it. Part of the assessments have been leaked. Pilgrims are called illegal aliens. Christopher Columbus (started off a good guy but ended up greedy) is called an environmental terrorist. The Tea Party was an act of terrorism (did you know the patriots swept the ship and left it clean after they dumped the tea and no one was hurt?) and 9/11 in NYC was our fault done by “political activists.”
I have friends who home school and are having a difficult time finding teaching materials that are NOT a part of the Core Curriculum. This curriculum undermines the family, the United States, and individualism. A wolf in sheep’s clothing has been adopted by our state. It must be stopped. Not to mention the data mining they want to do!!! That alone ought to terrify you!
To learn more about the Core Curriculum go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coRNJluF2O4&feature=share
I leave you with a quote you well know, but do you believe it?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”
The Declaration of Independence
The Core Curriculum supports the opposite of this. Please, as a concerned parent, citizen, and educator, put a stop to this!